Top Ten Books I'm Thankful For || Top Ten Tuesday



Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish meme created by The Broke and the Bookish, where each week a new prompt is discussed. It's a ton of fun, and if you're interested in finding out more and linking up, you can go HERE. This week is appropriately Thanksgiving-themed, and revolves around the books you're most grateful for. <3 


So without further ado--


TOP TEN BOOKS I'M THANKFUL FOR

1.) The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
I'm currently in the middle of my third reread of The Hating Game this year, and honestly, at this point I would consider tattooing the whole thing on my body. If I could crawl into a book and live within the story forever, I would choose this one, always. I smile the whole time I read it, it makes me wheeze with laughter, and I have like,, 10 whole emotions by the time it's over. It's a masterpiece. 

2.) Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee


There's just something really special about finally seeing yourself represented in a book. Tash Hearts Tolstoy felt like Kathryn Ormsbee had taken all of the things I loved and connected with, and then put them in the book of my dreams, with an asexual character as the lead. I can't express enough how ecstatic I was (and still am) over there being an asexual main character in a YA book. 

3.) The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
Not only is The Hate U Give one of the most relevant pieces of YA literature of our time, it's also just incredibly phenomenal and eye-opening. The reach it has had and the people it has touched and educated takes my breath away, and I'm super thankful for the novel + Angie Thomas, who continues to be such a sweetheart, even in the face of those who try to bring her down. She's inspiring, and I can't wait for the movie adaptation to release. 

4.) Radio Silence by Alice Oseman


This was a super recent read of mine, and it became a large favorite of mine almost instantly. I still don't really know how to explain the plot or certain aspects of the book-- it was weird and slightly out there, and yet it was so incredibly beautiful and maintained such an air of comfort and relatability. The messages about school and life were things I understood and felt so deeply; they definitely made me thankful for the book. One of the main characters, Aled, was demisexual, and I'm also just super thankful for the way his sexuality was handled and implemented throughout the story. 

5.) The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
Fat rep, bi rep, pan rep, gay rep, Jewish rep, Hamilton references, cookie dough love, a pinterest obsession, and girls supporting girls. There's no doubt about how thankful I am for this book.
(Not to mention Becky Albertalli. She's the utter best, and I'm thankful for her, too.)

6.) A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas
Ms. Maas and I may have parted ways since I finished this book last year, but I'm still forever grateful for it and the hard patch it got me through. I felt a lot like Feyre did throughout the novel, and her journey to recovery was inspiring to me. That said though, I definitely don't support maas' writing anymore after all that went down with her latest works and I'm quite content to avoid her upcoming releases.

7.) We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson


I still stand by my belief that this is one of the most beautiful and raw mental illness books in YA. I read all 400+ pages in one day (which if you know me, you know never happens) and was left staring at the last page with tears in my eyes. It was emotional beyond belief, and painfully relatable. It broke my heart, and gave me a little bit more hope in the world. 

8.) Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
Because sometimes you just need a random person's autobiography to make you laugh. To be honest, I still don't really know much about who Jenny Lawson is, but I absolutely adored her outlandish stories within Furiously Happy, and her prevailing message of overcoming mental illness. <3

9.) The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
I don't even know where I'd be without this series, and the movie adaptations. 

10.) The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic 
I was almost going to finish this post without mentioning this one, but I just couldn't do it. Y'all already know how much I love this trilogy. I'm so thankful for my angry exy children.











LET'S CHAT! What books are you most thankful for? Do you participate in Top Ten Tuesdays? Link me to your posts! :)

Comments

  1. YES, YES, YES. I completely agree with The Upside of Unrequited and The Hate U Give. So glad to see all of those books on your list! 🙂 Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY SOME LOVE FOR WE ARE THE ANTS. One of my favorite books of all time. SO. FREAKING. GOOD.

    ~ noor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment